This Air Fryer Salmon has the perfect crispy exterior and is flaky and tender inside! Simply seasoned and perfect with so many things!
Table of Contents
Seafood is one of our go-tos for a light and healthy meal when we need something quick!
This Air Fryer Salmon cooks in record time in the air fryer, and comes out with a perfect crispy exterior and flaky interior.
It is simply seasoned with salt and pepper, but you can mix things up and add your own spin (more on that below!).
The best part? Once you get the salmon in the air fryer it’s hands off, with just enough time to set the table before the family comes rushing in.
Looking for more air fryer recipes? You’ll love this JUICY Air Fryer Chicken Breast, Air Fryer Chicken Legs and these Boneless Air Fryer Chicken Thighs.
Ingredients and Variations for this Air Fryer Salmon:
- Salmon: a nice thick salmon fillet is the easiest to cook, as it doesn’t dry out as quickly as thinner ones. If you have a salmon fillet that is under 3/4″ thick, you will want to reduce the cook time. Check at 4-5 minutes, and then add 1-2 minutes as needed.
- Salt and pepper: the basics, and all you need for a great piece of salmon!
- Mix up your seasonings: this is the perfect time to raid your spice drawer and see those favorite blends you’ve neglected. Cajun? Go for it! Garlic herb? Always a safe bet. Something else? Use your own judgement! If it’s something you enjoy, there’s a good chance it’ll be great on this air fryer salmon.
- Add some sauces: The simple honey garlic sauce on these Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs is one of our favorites, and goes great with salmon! You can also use barbecue sauce, sweet chili sauce (another fave!), or serve with a variety of sauces on the side.
Should I preheat my air fryer?
Preheating your air fryer (and your oven, if that’s the case) ensures that the food cooks quickly and evenly, and it really doesn’t take up much more of your time.
Simply set the air fryer to the cook time you need, and then walk away and prep your salmon.
What kind of salmon should I use in the air fryer?
I look for skin on fillets that are about 1 inch thick.
Once cooked, the skin is easily removed if you do not want to eat it. But it is full of nutrients and minerals and is considered safe to eat.
You can also use skinless salmon fillets if that is what you prefer!
How should I store left overs?
Cooked salmon can be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Chilled leftover salmon is the perfect addition to a salad, or throw it into a bowl of pasta!
What can I serve with Air Fryer Salmon?
We love this Instant Pot Brown Rice with salmon and a big scoop of this Broccoli Salad.
These Air Fryer Potatoes, an Air Fryer Baked Potato or a plate of this Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo minus the chicken are also great options!
How do I know if the salmon is done?
Salmon flakes when done.
To test for doneness without a meat thermometer, gently press on top of the fillet and look for separation along the lines.
You can also use a meat thermometer and check that the internal temperature is at least 145 degrees F.
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Air Fryer Salmon
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter or oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice and fresh parsley
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Brush each fillet with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place skin side down in air fryer basket.
- Cook for 7 minutes. (4-5 minutes for thinner fillets)
- Serve immediately with lemon juice and parsley.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel
are we supposed to be using the crisper plate when we cook all these recipes?
The Recipe Rebel says
Hi Shirley, a crisper plate is not needed for any of my air fryer recipes. You can put them directly in the basket or on a tray (depending on the type of air fryer you have).