Air Fryer Burgers are crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside! Perfectly seasoned, make ahead and freezer friendly.
See the step by step recipe video down in the recipe card.
Table of Contents
By now, you know we love our air fryer!
We have a number of air fryer recipes already on the blog here, and these Air Fryer Chicken Breasts and this Air Fryer Baked Potato recipe are regulars on our dinner table!
This Air Fryer Burger recipe is quickly becoming a favorite, too.
One thing that always has us amazed is how quickly everything cooks in the air fryer, and how juicy all of the meat is that comes out of it.
This Air Fryer Hamburger is no exception.
Perfectly seasoned, incredibly moist and juicy! Perfect on a Brioche Bun or Homemade Hamburger Bun with Spicy Mayo and a side of Homemade Coleslaw or our favorite Broccoli Salad.
How to make Air Fryer Burgers:
- Stir together your ingredients and form into patties — I usually figure 4 burgers per 1 pound of meat, and these are not too big and not too small. Try to form your patties a little larger than your buns, as they will shrink a little during the cooking process.
- Air fry at 375 degrees F for 4-5 minutes per side until a meat thermometer indicates your desired doneness: 160 degrees F is the safe internal temperature for ground beef. My air fryer is smaller, so I have to cook two at a time. If you have a larger one you may fit all 4 at once.
- Remove your burgers from the air fryer, place on a plate and cover with foil to keep warm while you cook your remaining burger patties.
Ingredients and Substitutions:
- Make them extra special: I kept these air fryer burgers simple, because sometimes you need easy! If you’re looking to take your burgers up a notch, use my Best Burgers recipe and simply follow the cooking instructions to cook in the air fryer.
- Swap the ground beef: you can cook turkey burgers or chicken burgers in the air fryer in the same amount of time!
- Spice it up: swap the barbecue sauce in these air fryer burgers for something with a little more kick, or add in a big splash of sriracha or hot sauce.
- Teriyaki burgers: brush with teriyaki sauce during cooking and serve with a grilled pineapple ring
- Swap the eggs: eggs are a great binder in burger recipes, though they can be left out if you have allergies. You can sub in a flax egg, or add in a tablespoon more barbecue sauce or ketchup.
- Swap the bread crumbs: if you don’t have bread crumbs or you’re looking for a gluten free option, you can finely crush any crackers you have in the cupboard, gluten-free or otherwise. You can also use instant oats or oat flour.
Can I cook frozen hamburgers in the air fryer?
Absolutely! Cooking meat from frozen is one of the best things about the air fryer!
You will want to double the cook time for frozen burgers, so you’re looking at a total cook time of about 16-20 minutes.
What should I top my air fryer burger with?
Whatever you like! Here are a few of our favorite toppings:
- barbecue sauce
- pickles or pickled peppers
- fried onions or caramelized onions
- a grilled pineapple ring
- crispy Air Fryer Bacon or Oven Baked Bacon
What can I serve with air fryer hamburgers?
We love to serve our burgers with a variety of chips, cold salads and classic BBQ sides. Here are some of our favorites:
- Easy Potato Salad or Instant Pot Potato Salad
- Ranch Bowtie Pasta Salad
- Instant Pot Baked Beans
- Easy Homemade Mac and Cheese
- Cheesy Grilled Potatoes
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite board
Air Fryer Burgers
- 1 lb ground beef
- ¼ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 egg
- ¾ teaspoon seasoning salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat air fryer to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, bread crumbs, barbecue sauce, egg, seasoning salt, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Divide beef mixture into 4 sections and shape into patties (keep in mind they will shrink, so try to make them on the larger side).
- Add patties to air fryer basket (you may have to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer) and cook for 4-5 minutes per side (you don't have to flip, but they will brown evenly on both sides if you do), until an internal temperature of 160 degrees F is reached.
- Serve on buns and with desired toppings.
Want to save this recipe?
Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again.
Tried this recipe?
Tag @thereciperebel or hashtag #thereciperebel — I love to see what you’re making!Tag @thereciperebel
Should I be worried about the grease that drips off the hamburger meat? I’m afraid that the grease will spill out of the basket.
The Recipe Rebel says
Hi Veronica, if you are worried about grease, try using a leaner ground beef. It will produce little grease. Also you could line your air fryer with parchment paper. When in doubt always refer to your air fryer manual for things like that. Hope you enjoy the burger!
Ashley, it looks amazing. Which air-fryer would you recommend for a family of 2 or 3 people?
Ashley Fehr says
I have a Chefman Turbofry and we love it!